Skip to main content

Travel Support

How we can support you in travelling to College

£1 per day travel for full-time students

Generous travel grants and bursaries for full-time students

Travel cards and discount passes for buses and trains
Travelling by bus

North Yorkshire

Student SuperSaver Pass

Full-time students aged 16-18 travelling on Transdev Harrogate buses are entitled to half-price single and return tickets with a Student SuperSaver pass. It costs £5 and lasts for one academic year. You will need to provide a photo and proof of age with your application form. For further information please contact:

North Yorkshire County Council Travel Scheme

If you are a full-time student aged 16-18 and live 3 miles or more from Craven College you can apply for the North Yorkshire County Council Travel Scheme. Discounts are offered for students from low-income households and terms and conditions apply. We can help students by paying some of the costs of the Travel Scheme, contact Student Support Services for more information. For more details and to apply for this pass, visit the North Yorkshire County Council Post-16 Transport website.

Travelling by car

If you travel by car, provided there is no cheaper form of travel by public transport, the College will make a payment to you, as the driver, of 13 pence per mile for the return journey, excluding the first 15 miles per day, based on standard mileages.

The College will make a travel grant of up to £200 per term (subject to funding) to assist with your travel costs above this mileage.

Travelling by bicycle

The College is keen to support and promote both healthy living and measures to reduce pollution. We encourage all staff and students to use alternative methods of transport where possible and to consider walking, cycling or car sharing.

Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities

If you consider yourself to have a disability or require special needs assistance with transport, you need to apply to your local authority. They may ask you to send them a letter from your doctor or designated medical officer. If you have an EHCP, this will be carefully considered.

If the application for special transport is approved, this will be arranged by the Integrated Passenger Transport Group who will write to you with details of the arrangements.